When should I keep my child home from school?

Please refer to Attendance at School: Should I keep My Child Home With This Illness? under Health Topics.

What do I do if my child has been hospitalized or ill for a prolonged period of time?

Please contact your school nurse and guidance counselor to discuss your child's re-entry into school.

What do I need to do if my child requires medication during the school day?

All medications must have a written order from a licensed provider and a written parent permission. For short term prescription medications (i.e. those requiring administration for 10 school days or less), the pharmacy-labeled container may be used in lieu of a licensed provider's order. Written parent permission is required. Refer to the Medication Administration Policy/Procedures and Medication Permission Form,
under Medications.

What is the policy for over-the-counter medication administration at school?

For over-the-counter medications (i.e., but not limited to, non-prescription medications such as Tylenol, Advil, Motrin, Benadryl, Lactaid, Tums, cough drops, cough medicines), the original labeled container, licensed provider's order for medications that are not covered by school protocols, and written parent permission are required. Refer to the Medication Administration Policy/Procedures under Medications.

What do I do when my child needs to limit gym activity or recess?

A doctor's order is required for both. Please discuss with your school nurse if you have questions.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.